Biodesign Directory Profile
Shelley Haydel, PhD
The Biodesign Institute, Infectious Diseases and Vaccinology
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, School of Life Sciences
- Haydel, S. E., V. Malhotra, G. L. Cornelison, and J. E. Clark-Curtiss. The prrAB two-component system is essential for Mycobacterium tuberculosis viability and is induced during nitrogen-limiting conditions. Journal of Bacteriology (2012) Refereed Articles.
- Otto, Caitlin and Shelley Haydel. Exchangeable ions are responsible for the in vitro antibacterial properties of natural clay mineral mixtures. PLoS ONE (2012) Refereed Articles.
- Solanky, Dipesh and Shelley Haydel. Adaptation of the neutral bacterial comet assay to assess antimicrobial-mediated DNA double-strand breaks in Escherichia coli. Journal of Microbiological Methods (2012) Refereed Articles.
- Otto, Caitlin C. and Shelley E. Haydel. Morphology of mature Mycobacterium ulcerans colonies. ASM MicrobeLibrary (2011) Refereed Articles.
- Pang, X., G. Cao, P. F. Neuenschwander, S. E. Haydel, G. Hou, and S. T. Howard. The ?-propeller gene Rv1057 of Mycobacterium tuberculosis has a complex promoter directly regulated by both the MprAB and TrcRS two-component systems. Tuberculosis (Edinb) (2011) Refereed Articles.
- Treuer, Robin and Shelley E. Haydel. Acid-fast staining and Petroff-Hausser chamber counting of mycobacterial cells in liquid suspension. Current Protocols in Microbiology (2011) Refereed Articles.
- Cunningham, Tanya M., Jennifer L. Koehl, Jack S. Summers, and Shelley E. Haydel. pH-dependent metal ion toxicity influences the antibacterial activity of two natural mineral mixtures. PLoS ONE (2010) Refereed Articles.
- Otto, Caitlin C. and Shelley E. Haydel. Morphology of mature Mycobacterium ulcerans colonies. ASM MicrobeLibrary (2010) Refereed Articles.
- Otto, Caitlin C., Tanya M. Cunningham, Michael R. Hansen, and Shelley E. Haydel. Effects of antibacterial mineral leachates on the cellular ultrastructure, morphology, and membrane integrity of Escherichia coli and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Annals of Clinical Microbiology and Antimicrobials (2010) Refereed Articles.
- Pang, X., R. Dhiman, S. E. Haydel, P. F. Neuenschwander, R. Vankayalapati, and S. T. Howard. Cross-regulation between the MprAB and TrcRS two-component systems of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and coregulation of the envelope stress gene Rv1057. Journal of Bacteriology (2010) Refereed Articles.
- Shelley E. Haydel. Extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis: a sign of the times and an impetus for antimicrobial discovery. Pharmaceuticals (2010) Refereed Articles.
- Williams, Lynda B. and Shelley E. Haydel. Evaluation of the medicinal use of clay minerals as antibacterial agents. International Geology Review (2010) Refereed Articles.
- Williams, L., Shelley E. Haydel, R. E. Ferrell. Bentonite, bandaids, and borborygmi. Elements (2009) Refereed Articles.
- Shelley E. Haydel, C Remenih, L Williams. Broad-spectrum in vitro antibacterial activities of clay minerals against antibiotic-susceptible and antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (2008) Refereed Articles.
- Williams, L. B. Shelley E. Haydel R. F. Giese, Jr. D. D. Eberl. Chemical and mineralogical characteristics of French green clays used for healing. Clays and Clay Minerals (2008) Refereed Articles.
- Shelley Haydel, J Clark-Curtiss. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis TrcR response regulator represses transcription of the intracellularly-expressed Rv1057 gene, encoding a seven-bladed ?-propeller. Journal of Bacteriology (2006) Refereed Articles.
- S Haydel, Shelley Haydel. Global expression analysis of two-component system regulators during Mycobacterium tuberculosis growth in human macrophages. FEMS Microbiology Letters (2004) Refereed Articles.
- Clark-Curtiss, Josephine E, -. Molecular genetics of Mycobacterium tuberculosis pathogenesis. (2003) Book Chapters.
- J Clark-Curtiss, Shelley Haydel. Molecular genetics of Mycobacterium tuberculosis pathogenesis. Annual Review of Microbiology (2003) Nonrefereed Articles.
- Shelley Haydel, W Benjamin, N Dunlap, Josephine Clark-Curtiss. Expression, autoregulation, and DNA binding properties of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis TrcR response regulator. J. Bacteriol (2002) Refereed Articles.