Our interdisciplinary connections give researchers a deeper appreciation of how organisms have evolved, compared with the long-held perspective that biodiversity is optimized simply by the limitless power of natural selection.
- Yuichi Eguchi Geiler-Samerotte Lab
- Takahiro Maruki, Postdoctoral Researcher, McGill University
- Yue Hao, Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGEN)
- R. Taylor Raborn, Battelle National Biodefense Institute
- Shannon Snyder, Ph.D. student, University of Oregon
Support the Biodesign Center for Mechanisms of Evolution
Uncovering the mechanisms of evolution at the gene, genomic, cellular and phenotypic levels, with attention to the roles of mutation, random genetic drift and recombination.