Biodesign Virginia G Piper PD
- B Zhang, W Song, P Pang, H Lai, Q Chen, P Zhang, S Lindsay Role of contacts in long-range protein conductance. PNAS (2019).
- H Lai, AM Paul, H Sun, J He, M Yang, F Bai, Q Chen*. A plant-produced vaccine protects mice against lethal West Nile virus infection without enhancing Zika or dengue vIrus infectivity. Vaccine (2018).
- Haiyan Sun, Qiang Chen*, Huafang Lai. Development of Antibody Therapeutics against Flaviviruses. IJMS (2017).
- Ming Yang, Huafang Lai, Haiyan Sun, Qiang Chen*. Virus-like particles that display Zika virus envelope protein domain III induce potent neutralizing immune responses in mice. Scientific Reports (2017).
- Ming Yang, Haiyan Sun, Huafang Lai, Jonathan Hurtado, Qiang Chen*. Plantproduced Zika virus envelope protein elicits neutralizing immune responses that correlate with protective immunity against Zika virus in mice. Plant Biotech J (2017).
- M Yang, M Dent, H Lai, H Sun, Q Chen*. Immunization of Zika virus envelope protein domain III induces specific and neutralizing immune responses against Zika virus. Vaccine (2017).
- Matthew Dent, Jonathan Hurtado, Amber M Paul, Haiyan Sun, Huafang Lai, Ming Yang, Adrian Esqueda, Fengwei Bai, Herta Steinkellner, Qiang Chen*. Plant-produced anti-dengue virus monoclonal antibodies exhibit reduced antibody-dependent enhancement of infection activity, Journal of General Virology (2016).
- Chen Q*, Dent M, Hurtado J, Stahnke J, NcNulty A, Leuzinger K, Lai H*. Transient Protein Expression by Agroinfiltration in Lettuce. Methods in Molecular Biology (2016).
- Chen Q, Lai H. The growing potential of plant-made monoclonal antibodies, Drug Target Re. 2 (4), 41-45 (2015).
- Chen Q, Lai H. Gene Delivery into Plant Cells for Recombinant Protein Production, BioMed Res. Inter (2015).
- Fulton A, Lai H, Chen Q, Zhang C. Purification of monoclonal antibody against Ebola GP1 protein expressed in Nicotiana benthamiana, J Chromatography A (2015).
- He J, Lai H, Engle M, Gorlatov S, Gruber C, Steinkellner H, Diamond M, Chen Q*. Generation and analysis of novel plant-derived antibody-based therapeutic molecules against West Nile virus. PLOS ONE (2014).
- Lai H, He J, Hurtado J, Stahnke J, Fuchs A, Melhop E, Gorlatov S, Loos A, Diamond M, Chen Q*. Structural and functional characterization of an anti-West Nile virus monoclonal antibody and its single-chain variant produced in glycoengineered plants. Plant Biotech J (2014).
- He J, Peng L, Lai H, Hurtado J, Stahnke J, Chen Q*. A plant-produced antigen elicits potent immune responses against West Nile virus in mice. Biomed Res Int. (2014).
- Chen Q*, Lai H. Plant-derived monoclonal antibodies as human biologics for infectious disease and cancer. In: Plant-Derived Pharmaceuticals for Developing Countries, ed. by K. Hefferon, CABI Press, Oxfordshire. 2014.
- Chen Q*, Lai H, Plant-derived Virus-like Particles as Vaccines. Hum Vaccin Immunother, 2013; 9(1) 26-49. PMCID: PMC3667944.
- K Leuzinger, M Dent, J Hurtado, J Stahnke, Lai H, X. Zhou, Chen Q*. Efficient agroinfiltration of plants for high-level transient expression of recombinant proteins. J. Vis. Exp., (2013).
- Chen Q*, Lai H, J Hurtado, J Stahnke, K. Leuzinger, M. Dent. Agroinfiltration as an effective and scalable strategy of gene delivery for production of pharmaceutical proteins in plants. ATBM (2013).
- Lai H, Chen Q*. Bioprocessing of plant-derived virus-like particles of Norwalk virus capsid protein under current Good Manufacture Practice regulations. Plant Cell Rep (2012).
- Lai H, He J, Engle M, Diamond M, Chen Q*. Robust production of virus-like particles and monoclonal antibodies with geminiviral replicon vectors in lettuce. Plant Biotech J (2011).
- He J , Lai H ( co-first authors), Brock C, Chen Q*. A novel system for rapid and cost-effective production of detection and diagnostic reagents of West Nile virus in plants. J Biomed Biotechnol (2011).
- Phoolcharoen W, Bhoo S, Lai H. Ma J, Arntzen C, Chen Q*, Mason H. Expression of an immunogenic Ebola immune complex in Nicotiana benthamiana. Plant Biotech J (2011).
- Lai H, Engle M, Fuchs A, Keller T, Johnson S, Gorlatov S, Diamond M, Chen Q*. A monoclonal antibody produced in plants efficiently treats West Nile virus infection in mice. PNAS (2010).
- Huang Z, Phoolcharoen W, Lai H, Piensook K, Cardineau G, Zeitlin L, Whaley K, Arntzen C, Mason H, and Qiang Chen*. High-level rapid production of full-size monoclonal antibodies in plants by a single-vector DNA replicon system. Biotech. and Bioeng (2010).
- Chen Q, Morris G, Lai H. cGMP processing of a plant-produced human vaccine candidate for sexually transmitted infections. ASABE (2009).
- Lai H, Kraszewski J, Purwantini E, Mukhopadhyay B*. Identification of the pyruvate carboxylase genes in Pseudomonas aeruginosa PA01 and development of a P. aeruginosa-based over-expression system for 4- and 44-type pyruvate carboxylases. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. (2006).
- Q Chen, H Sun, H Lai, M Yang. Vaccines against zika virus based on zika structure proteins. # 15/989,060 (2018)
- Chen Q, Lai H, Hurtado J. PLANT-DERIVED ANTIBODIES AND DERIVATIVES THAT REDUCE RISK OF ANTIBODY-DEPENDENT ENHANCEMENT (ADE) OF INFECTION. #WO/2015/113055.
- Chen Q, Lai H, Production of a monoclonal antibody therapeutic against west nile virus in plants, US Patent 8,663,950. (2014).
- Chen Q, Lai H, He J. Bispecific monoclonal antibody therapeutics against west nile virus with improved CNS penetration. US Patent 9,499,608. (2016)