Join Our Lab
Individuals seeking a post-doctoral position:
Applicants for wet bench science must have:
- A PhD in biology or related field
- Expertise in C. elegans biology is mandatory
- Expertise in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Experience in handling high-throughput experiments is desirable.
Applicants for dry bench science must have:
- A PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or related field
- Fluent with Perl and other programming languages such as Java, Phyton, etc.
- Ability with MySQL server installation and maintenance
- Familiarity with standard sequence aligners, and with handling large genomic datasets
- Knowledge of gBrowse platform and UCSC Genome Browser
- Insight in statistics
Please send the following materials:
- Cover letter (one page with your long and short-term research goals)
- Two relevant publications
- A list of three references
The Biodesign Institute, ASU Center for Personalized Diagnostics
1001 S. McAllister Ave.
Tempe, AZ 85287
Graduate students interested in working in the Mangone lab must first be admitted to the School of Life Sciences at ASU. Mangone is member of the Molecular and Cell Biology program. For more information: http://sols.asu.edu/ and http://mcb.asu.edu/
Undergraduate students interested in volunteering in the lab should contact Dr. Marco Mangone at email@example.com